Redeeming Social Media:
Had a great talk with some of our key leaders the other night about redeeming social media for the kingdom. Guys, we didn't have time to get into the specifics and how to's of that process. I'll put a couple of them on here for you. We'll start with one that everyone can use:
Still not sure what Twitter is? Check out this video entitled Twitter in Plain English
[vimeo http://www.vimeo.com/757146 w=750&h=424]
Most of you are already familiar with updating your status on Facebook. You may be wondering why anyone would want to know this information about you. You have the opportunity to show people what it means to be a disciple of Jesus in real time--what you're reading, what conversations you've had regarding the gospel, what God is teaching you in the word... not just what you ate for lunch.
Here are some tips for you:
1. Go to twitter.com and sign up with a user name and password
2. Go to http://twitter.com/pastorluca/thegathering and start following the people that are involved with theGATHERING.
3. Then, follow people that you'd like to hear from... find friends in your classes... get people's username at work.
4. If you want your facebook to connect with twitter, but you don't want EVERY status update to become your status update on fb... go here: http://www.facebook.com/selectivetwitter and type in your twitter user name and password. Then, whenever you tweet, those that you want to go over to facebook you put #fb in the tweet... and walla.
5. Try going to dfwgathering.com and using your twitter info to leave a comment. Choose one or two other blogs and do the same!
In a few days we'll talk about blog platforms.