The title of the conference--Grace Makes A Difference!--says it all.
A team of 10 people from First Euless will travel to Bangalore, Karnataka India to host a conference for area pastors and wives with Hope and Help International. Our very own Traci Kirkland will not only be speaking to the Pastor's wives, but she'll also be hosting a medical clinic for the families. Traci views all of life as worship, including the opportunities the Lord has given her as a nurse both here in the States and overseas on medical trips. You can hear more about her trip to Romania last year here in the Radical Round Table podcast.
As I sat down with Traci in my office this week, I had the opportunity to see a way that we can bless the Pastors and their wives. While they'll be encouraged by the Spirit through the teaching and equipping from the Word, they'll also have an opportunity to be refreshed and renewed physically during their stay. Their inner man will be renewed and Traci and her team will help heal their outer body too. Let's participate with Traci and the other medical team members. Let's partner with the Lord and stock the pharmacy!
You can participate:
- Glocometer (approximately $18 - 1 quantity)
- Gluco-strips (approximately $10/box - 200 quantity)
- Latex gloves (approximately $12/box of 100 - need 5 boxes)
- Alcohol swabs (approximately $5/box of 200 - need as many boxes as possible)
- Lancets (approximately $6/box of 100 - need 4 boxes)
- Sharps Bio-hazard container (approximately 5 - 1 quantity)
- Generic-travel sized Neosporin(approximately $3 - need 100 quantity)
- Generic-travel sized Cortisone cream (approximately $3 - need 100 quantity)
- Children's Tylenol (approximately $8 - need as much as possible)
- Medical grade scissors (approximately $37 - need 4 quantity)
- Bandaids (approximately $4/box of 25 - need 10 boxes)
- Medical tape (approximately $5 - need 4 rolls)
- Gauze(approximately $1 - need 10 boxes)
- Tongue depressors (approximately $6/box of 100 - need 3 boxes)
- Extra-baggage fee ($100)
- Traci had already been to Costco to pick up various 1,000 count generic drugs
I thought this would be a great way for theGATHERING community to tangibly get involved in mission. 2 Corinthians 8 talks about the generous giving of those that wanted to take care of the saints in another area because of their need. Paul boasts on the believers saying,
...their abundance of joy and their extreme poverty have overflowed in a wealth of generosity on their part.3For they gave according to their means, as I can testify, and beyond their means, of their own accord, 4begging us earnestly for the favorb of taking part in the relief of the saints— 5and this, not as we expected, but they gave themselves first to the Lord and then by the will of God to us.
What a great opportunity for us! Let's get this done, both according to our means and beyond our means so that we can have an active role in what Jesus is doing in India.
"I'm in! What can I do?"
You can do two things:
1. If you're a coupon queen, go to the store and pick up the above items. Either bring them to Connection on Sunday, Bible study on Tuesday or drop them off at the office. Just dump it in the box that'll be at the Connect Desk. If you could go to our facebook page and comment on what you're bringing, that way we'll make sure we don't leave anything out. Traci needs them no later than this coming Tuesday so that she can distribute it amongst her team before leaving.
2. If you'd rather see People of Walmart on your monitor than in real life, then drop off a check made out to FBCE with India Medic in the memo line. If you're wanting to give cash, we'll have some envelopes there for you to designate your funds the same way.
3. We'll keep you updated with daily prayer requests and updates as they come on our facebook page and twitter feed. Pray for boldness for our team and refreshment and equipping for those that will come to the conference. Pray that the name of Jesus will be exalted!